Taylor's University College
|Since its inception in 1969, Taylor's University
College has undertaken the important task
of developing our nation's youth into well-
rounded, competitive and resilient contributors
with global perspectives of the development
of Malaysia's economic growth and prosperity.
Consisting of Taylor's University College and
Taylor's College. Taylor's has evolved into one of
Malaysia's oldest, most successful and reputable
private education institutions.
Taylor's is strongly committed to its mission in empowering the youth of the world through education, so that they may become productive leaders in the global community. To date, more than 50,000 students have graduated and many have moved on to become leaders in their chosen field.
With a comprehensive range of courses at all levels students can pursue pre-university, diploma and degree courses at Taylor's. Partnered with many world renowned universities from the United Kingdom, Australia and France, students can choose to major in various courses such as Architecture, Computer Science. Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Biomedical Science, Law, Business, Communication, Hospitality and Tourism and others. Students who excel on the American Degree Transfer Program can apply to Ivy League Universities in the United States.
Taylor's University College Pre-university centre is the largest in Malaysia, providing uncompromised British, Australian and Canadian education, The biggest independent centre for Cambridge A Levels, Taylor's also runs the successful South Australian Matriculation (SAM) programme, and the International Canadian Pre-University (ICPU), a programme recognized and acknowledged by top universities worldwide.
Students in Taylor's degree and diploma programmes have an opportunity to obtain a prestigious degree through Taylor's partnerships with renowned universities like the University of Melbourne, University of South Australia, University of Queensland and RMIT University in Australia;
University of Birmingham, University of Reading and University of the West of England, Bristol in the U.K.; University of Toulouse in France; as well as credit transfers to American universities through our American Degree Transfer Program, These programmes are benchmarked against and conducted in close co-operation with our top-rated partner universities to ensure that only the highest standards are maintained at Taylor's University College.
• More than 6% of our lecturers teaching courses at degree level have a doctoral degree (Ph.D), while 68% have a master's degree, Over 80 of our tertiary lecturers have presented over 100 papers at international and national conferences, and more than 50 journal articles written by our academics have been published both internationally and locally.
• Taylor's prides itself in the delivery of a holistic education that results not just in excellent academic accomplishments but also in graduates with qualities that are highly sought after in the global marketplace. Industry- relevant learning activities and curriculum are widely incorporated into all tertiary courses in close partnership with the relevant industries. Taylor's insistence on preparing its graduates to be professionally competent and job ready has proven to have given its graduates an added edge. This is evident in the high employability rate of its graduates, with many securing jobs even before they have completed their final examinations.
a) American Degree Transfer Program
• Degree in Engineering • Degree in Business • Degree in Computer Science • Other Degrees
b) Architecture • Building • Design
> University of Melbourne, Australia
• Diploma in Architectural Technology • Diploma in Quantity Surveying • Diploma in Construction Management
> Queensland University of Technology, Australia
• Diploma in Interior Design
c) Biomedical Science
> University of Queensland, Australia
• Bachelor of Biomedical Science • Bachelor of Biotechnology
d) Business • Taylor's Business Foundation • Diploma in Business
> University of the West of England, Bristol, UK • B.A. (Hons) Accounting & Finance • B.A. (Hons) Business Administration
> University of South Australia
• Bachelor of Commerce • Bachelor of Applied Finance • Bachelor of Management (Marketing)
e) Communication • Foundation in Communication
> University of South Australia • Bachelor of Arts (Communication and Media Management) • Bachelor of Arts (Multimedia Studies) • Bachelor of Arts (Journalism)
f) Computer Science & IT • Foundation in Computing
> RMIT University, Australia • Bachelor of Applied Science (Computer Science) • Bachelor of Applied Science (Information Technology)
g) Engineering > University of Birmingham, UK • M.Eng/B.Eng (Hons) Chemical Engineering • M.Eng/B.Eng (Hons) Electronic & Electrical Engineering • M.Eng/B.Eng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering • Pathway to Civil Engineering & Biomedical Engineering
h) Hospitality & Tourism • Certificate of Hotel Operation
> Academie de Toulouse, France • Diploma in Culinary Arts • Diploma in Hotel Management • Diploma in Tourism Management > University of Toulouse, France • Bachelor of Hospitality & Tourism Management (Hons) • Bachelor of Tourism Management & Engineering (Hons) • Professional Master in International Tourism & Hospitality Management
I) Law > University of Reading, UK • LL.B, (Hons)
j) Pre-University Studies • Cambridge A Levels • South Australian Matriculation • International Canadian Pre-Universily
Collaborate Links with Universities
Taylor's is partnered with top rated universities
in three continents. These strategic partnerships
have cemented Taylor's edge in providing
world-class foundation, diploma and degree
programmes. The committed and careful
implementation of these programmes to
the respective guidelines given by each
partner university ensures that stucfen+s receive
qualifications that are internationally recognized
and accepted globally.
• University of South Australia
UniSA is the largest university in South Australia with students coming from over 88 countries and research links globally. UniSA is also accredited by the European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) and has received 16 commendations from the Australian Universities Quality Agency (AUQA).
• The University of the West of England, Bristol, UK
The University has a strong research and consultancy tradition. UWE's Bristol Business School was rated "Excellent" by HEFCE (Higher Education Funding Council for England). It is home to six research groups in all areas of business and finance, with partner organisations in the private sector.
• Queensland University of Technology, Australia
QUT is a top Australian university with global connections and a reputation for quality undergraduate and postgraduate courses, a wide range of students and applied research best suited to the needs of industry and the community,
• University of Melbourne, Australia
Well-known for its architecture school, the University of Melbourne was awarded "Australia University of the Year 2001 -2002".
• The University of Toulouse, France
Taylor's partnership with the second largest and oldest university in France has resulted in our being the choice college for Hospitality and Tourism Management programmes in the region,
• The University of Birmingham. UK
The University ranks 5+h in the UK for research
excellence in engineering. Together, our partnership has created a quality Engineering programme for our students.
• Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT) University, Australia
One of the leading universities in Australia for Computer Science, RMIT is a member of the Australian Technology Network (ATN), a powerful coalition of five leading Australian universities.
• The University of Reading, UK
One of the best universities in the UK especially for Law, with 96% of graduates gaining employment or enrolment in higher degrees within six months of graduation.
• University of Queensland, Australia
The University of Queensland (UQ) is one of Australia's premier learning and research institutions. Established in 1909 and being the oldest university in Queensland, UQ is home to over 37,000 students from 121 countries. The university is also a founding member of the national Group of Eight, an alliance of research-strong 'sandstone' universities committed to ensuring that Australia has higher education institutions which are genuinely world class.
Besides the above partner universities which run twinning options with Taylor's, our students have successfully transferred to many top universities in the US, including Purdue University, University of Wisconsin (Madison), University of Michigan (Ann Arbor), University of Illinois at Chicago. Georgia Institute of Technology. Indiana University Bloomington, Cornell University and many more via the American Degree Transfer Program.
Academic Facilities and Resources
Taylor's University College and Taylor's College campuses are strategically located in a modern and well-planned township. It is an ideal environment supported by good infrastructure. Just 30 minutes away from the bustling Kuala Lumpur city, Taylor's campuses are linked by highways to all major locations in the Klang Valley.
Students have access to various facilities such as a medical centre, shopping malls, hotels, recreational clubs, shops, restaurants, cinemas and banks located within the vicinity of the campuses.
The campuses are well-equipped with facilities for students' convenience including wireless broadband internet access, state-of-the- art computer laboratories, art & design lab, carpentry workshop, science laboratories, engineering laboratories, student lounges, air- conditioned classrooms, gym, Media Hub, an English language centre and lots more.
List of Academic Facilities;
• Lecture theaters with audio visual & LCD facilities
• Computer lab with multimedia facilities
• Arts & design labs
• Science laboratories
• Engineering laboratories
• Computer labs with internet access
• Language labs
• Practical Labs
• Practical kitchen
• Training Restaurants
• Architecture Studios
• Drawing Room
• Carpentry workshop
• The Web (free access computer lab)
• Student Lounges
• Multi Purpose Halls
Scholarships / Financial Aid
• Taylor's National Scholarship
• Taylor's World Class Scholarship
• Tan Sri Dato' Dr Loy Hean Heong Scholarship
• Taylor's Merit Scholarship
• DEC Scholarship
• Study Grant for Selected Towns in Malaysia
• Bumiputera Study Grant, etc.
Recognition and Achievements
• The Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia awarded Taylor's College with the Anugerah Kecemerlangan Penyelidikan dan Pembangunan (Excellence in Research and Development Award).
• Taylor's School of Pre-University was the first in Malaysia to be awarded the prestigious Cambridge International Fellowship Centre by the University of Cambridge International Examination Syndicate,
• In a survey by The Star in September 2004, Taylor's was listed as a top private institution of higher learning in Malaysia. Taylor's was listed at the top of the list, The criteria for choosing an institution were based on academic reputation, good facilities, and conducive environment.
• A total of 24 courses offered at Taylor's are accredited by LAN.
Achievements by Lecturers and Students
• Sr. Haji Hashim bin Sikan, Course Advisor and
Senior Lecturer at Taylor's College School
of Architecture, Building & Design, was
conferred the Gold Medal in recognition
of his outstanding contribution towards the
development of the QS profession and
significant achievement in the QS field by the
Board of Quantity Surveyors Malaysia (BQSM),
the highest honour bestowed by the Board.
• Dr. Vikneswaran Nair, Head of Research and Development of Taylor's College, has won The Outstanding Young Malaysian (TOYM) Award 2006, making him the first academician from a private college to be honored for his accomplishments and contributions in the areas of hospitality and tourism.
• Dr. Vikneswaran Nair and Ms. Karen Ho, lecturers at Taylor's University College School of Hospitality & Tourism (TCHT), became the first Malaysians to lecture French Master's students in English at the prestigious University of Toulouse (UoT) in France in March 2007.
• Alwyn Chin, Helisa Yip and Venus Chai, students of Taylor's Business School, were the only Malaysians invited to take part in the Forum Delta Forum organized by Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) which saw participation from 14 leading universities from China and Hong Kong.
• Yap Shiau Teng of Taylor's College School of Hospitality and Tourism (TCHT) did Taylor's proud when she emerged "Best of the Best Cook Off" champion at the inaugural Nestle Foodservice Culinary Arts 2007 Award competition,
• Ng Khai Lee and Samuel Wee of Taylor's
Business School successfully took home the highest honour at the HSBC Young Entrepreneur Regional Award 2005/2006, beating competition from the University of Hong Kong, Thailand's Chulalongkorn University and Manila University in the Philippines to win the overall 'Best of the Best' Award.
Mervynn Lee , Melissa Tan Lin Peng and Ken Choon Aik of TBS won the Gold Award in the HSBS Young Entrepreneur Awards 2006/2007
Dr. Vikneswaran Nair, Head of Research and Development was elected President of the Asia-Pacific Council on Hotel. Restaurant Institutional Education (APacCHRIE) Federation for 2007/2008
Sharizal Mohd Sidek, Varunnath Viswanathan, Kan Ming Choi and Tang Qi Wen won the Taylor's International College Law Debate in 2006 and 2007,
Foo Yen Ne, Aarthi Jeyarajah and Samantha Ho won the first runner up title in Law Asia Moot competition held in Hong Kong where 11 teams representing nine countries from the Asia Pacific region; and many more.
1) Taylor's College Subang Jaya
2) Taylor's Business School
3) Taylor's College Petaling Jaya
4) Taylor's College American Degree Transfer Program
5) Taylor's College School of Hospitality and Tourism
For over three decades,
Taylor's College has been recognized as Malaysia's leading private college
of higher learning. The College has prepared over 45,000 successful
graduates for higher education through a comprehensive range of
internationally recognized courses ranging from pre-university to diploma
and degree programmes.
Students who come to Taylor's College Malaysia can choose to major in a variety of disciplines, ranging from Architecture, Computer Science, Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Biomedical Science and Law to Business, Communication, Hospitality and Tourism, or the American Degree Transfer Program (ADP) which offers the quality of an American university education and the option of going to almost any university in the US including prestigious state universities and Ivy League schools.
Taylor's College Malaysia has always been distinctive because of our commitment to ensuring our students receive an education that extends beyond the classroom, and possess hands-on understanding of the real world.
Taylor's College, Subang
Jaya Main Campus
Taylor's Business School
Taylor's American Degree
Taylor's College, School of
Hospitality & Tourism
Taylor's College, Petaling
INDEX : University Colleges Private 18-7-2008 November 20, 2008 08:45:46 AM