|PRIVATE SCHOLASHIPS :
The Lions Club of Subang Jaya
The Malaysian Association of Private Colleges and Universities (MAPCU) Scholarship
How to Apply
Application forms can be downloaded from the aforementioned
MAPCU's website or obtained directly from the participating institutions.
Alternatively, you can send a stamped (40 sen) self-addressed envelope
(25cm X 30cm) to:
NST-MAPCU Scholarship Secretariat
c/o Monash University Malaysia No 2, Jalan Kolej Bandar Sunway 46150 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
|The Malaysian Association of Private Colleges and Universities (MACPU)
The NST-MAPCU Scholarship Programme is an annual joint project between the New Straits Times (NST) and the Malaysian Association of Private Colleges and Universities (MAPCU) for students studying at private colleges and universities in Malaysia.
It is offered to financially deserving students with satisfactory academic record, providing them with the opportunity to obtain quality private education. Besides seeking to contribute to the success of the nation through skills development, it also aims to produce graduates from local institutions of higher learning who have the potential to become leaders in the country, community and industry.
In line with the government policy of establishing a caring society amongst Malaysians, MAPCU, through its participating member institutions, has made available more than RM2.9 million for the NST- MAPCU Scholarship 2007.
• Open to financially deserving students with good academic results
• Based on SPM and STPM results
• Full tuition fee waiver for the entire duration of the course, which must be undertaken and completed in Malaysia
• All scholarships are for studies in Malaysia at leading participating institutions, in which the duration of the course pursued should range between one to four years
• The scholarships are for different types of courses in terms of their disciplines and levels of study. The scholarships are applicable for courses at the Diploma, Higher Diploma, Degree and Postgraduate levels
• Terms and conditions set by respective institutions and NST-MAPCU shall apply
|Applicant s Eligibility
To be eligible for the scholarship programme, applicants must meet the following general requirements:
• Applicants must be Malaysian citizens
• Applicants must possess good academic results in SPM / 0 Level, DEC and/or STPM / A Level examinations or its equivalent
• Applicants must qualify to gain admission into the participating institution for the relevant course
• Applicants must be active in sports and/or co-curricular activities
• Applicants must possess leadership qualities and be self-motivated
• Applicants must genuinely require financial assistance
• Applicants must not already be recipients of any scholarship, financial aid or award from other educational institutions or organisations
• Applicants must abide by the terms and conditions of the NST- MAPCU Scholarship Programme
• Applicants must abide by all other terms and conditions of the awarding institution, including any bond required
The list of participating colleges and their contact address can be found at MAPCU's official websi+e at www.s+udymalaysia. com/mapcu/scholarship.htm. For more information, students are advised to call the relevant institution for details of the scholarships offered as well as details of courses to which the scholarships apply.
For more details, kindly visit the following websites: www.studymalaysia.com/mapcu www.mapcu.com.my
• For enquiries on a specific institution's scholarships, please contact the respective institution directly • General enquiries can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
INDEX : Scholarship 25-9-2009 March 10, 2011 09:19:09 AM