Legenda Group of Colleges is a fast
growing educational Group and one
of the largest private tertiary institutions
in Malaysia. Currently there are four Colleges
listed under the Group, two of which have
been established for almost 20 years, while
the other Colleges have histories of over 17
years and 7 years respectively
The Legenda Group of Colleges comprises :
• Linton College
• Pertama Institute of Technology (ITP)
• Legenda Jati College
• Legenda College
The Group commenced its operations with the establishment of Legenda College. With the passage of time, three more Colleges joined the Group. From its humble beginnings, Legenda Group of Colleges has now emerged as one of the most dynamic groups of colleges and is fast moving forward in achieving its major mission to become one of the most respected centres of academic excellence, not only in Malaysia but also in the Asia-Pacific region,
The Group pioneered many of the educational strategies that contributed to the phenomenal growth of private education in Malaysia,
Legenda Group of Colleges is ideally located in a university township near Mantin town in the state of Negeri Sembilan, at the crossroads between Kuala Lumpur in the north and Johore Bharu in the south. The university township is about 50 km from Kuala Lumpur, and can be reached within 30 minutes from the Sungei Besi toll in Kuala Lumpur. Other adjacent townships are Bandar Baru Nilai (10 km) and Seremban (19 km). The Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) is located adjacent to the campus.
The sprawling campus stretches over an area of more than 160 acres on the outskirts of Mantin town. Situated nearby is the Staffield Country Resort with its extensive grounds inviting golf enthusiasts and also a leading international secondary school, Tuanku Jaafar College. The wealth of cultural resources of the College and the cultural heritage of its surroundings creates a unique educational environment and an unparalleled experience, both of which are personally and intellectually rewarding.
The environment in Legenda Group of Colleges is ideal and conducive for learning. With its location in the middle of the Mantin valley surrounded by hills and lush greenery, the site is perfect for a campus. With complete residential facilities, the integrated campus within the university township offers excellent facilities and amenities that, in many aspects, are unrivalled.
Currently, Legenda Group of Colleges offers courses in Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Architecture, Construction, Information Technology, Computer Science, Business and Accounting, and Engineering at diploma and degree levels. Over the years, more than 10,000 students in the country and region have graduated from the Legenda Group of Colleges
"To be a reputable college, producing quality graduates at a competitive level in line with the national education philosophy"
The Group is dedicated to providing an appropriate environment, facilities and guidance for the educational development of individuals, taking into account the manpower needs of the nation and the expectations of the shareholders of the Group.
The Group's mission is to produce competent knowledgeable and highly skilled graduates who have the entrepreneurship awareness and will strive for excellence.
• Legenda Group of Colleges is reputed to have a first class teaching faculty. Members of the teaching faculty possess at least a Master's degree, many with PhDs from leading universities and are conducting active research.
• Courses offered at the Legenda Group of Colleges are designed to meet the requirements of employers and professional bodies. Hence, graduates of our qualifications will possess the job ready skills and relevant specialist knowledge to confidently enter the workplace.
Some of the Edexcel BTEC HND courses which are offered at the Legendo Group of Colleges are developed in collaboration with key employers including Marks & Spencers, Coca-Cola, Siemens, Shell, Honda and British Telecoms (BT).
Students who complete the University of East London BA (Hons) Accounting & Finance programme with Legenda Group of Colleges can apply for maximum exemption from ACCA, UK.
• Our students' success is our greatest testimony. High caliber graduates will have skills that go beyond the workplace. Many of our graduates have been offered employment during their work placements and final year projects.
• University of East London • Edexcel International • University of the West of England, Bristol • University of Huddersfiled
• University College Northampton • Nottingham Trent University • University of Plymouth • University of Salford • University of Hertfordshire • Southampton Sclent University • University of Northumbria Newcastle • Bradford College • Leeds Metropolitan University • London South Bank University • University of Portsmouth • Staffordshire University
• University of Tasmania • University of Melbourne • Deakin University
> New Zealand
• Victoria University of Wellington
• Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
• Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
> Diploma & HND programmes
• Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
• Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT)
• Association of International Accountants (AIA)
• British Computer Society (BCS)
• British Institute of Architectural Technologists
• Chartered Institute of Bankers
• Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
• Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
• Engineering Council (UK)
• Institute for Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA)
> Degree Programmes
• Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
• Institution of Civil Engineers, UK
• Cisco Certified Network Associates (CCNA)
Quality Assurance of programmes offered at Legenda Group of Colleges are ensured and enhanced through its affiliation with various international universities and institutions, and also through its compliance with both Malaysian and international accreditation and professional bodies such as:
• National Accreditation Board (LAN), Malaysia
• University of East London, UK
• Edexcel International, UK
• Chinese Service Center for Scholarly Exchange (CSCSE), People's Republic of China: (for Institut Teknologi Pertama (ITP) and Linton College)
> Science, Engineering & Computing Laboratories
• 18 Computer Laboratories, i.e Networking, Multimedia, Programming and Open Laboratories
• 10 Electrical & Electronics Engineering Laboratories, i.e Electrical Workshop & Electronic Laboratories, Power Laboratories, Control & Instrumentation Laboratories and Power Electronics Laboratories
• 9 Mechanical Engineering Laboratories, i.e Machine Shop, Project Room, Welding Workshop, C.N.C Room. and Fluid & Thermal Laboratory
• 3 Built Environment Laboratories
• 2 Science Laboratories
• 3 English Language Laboratories with multimedia teaching aids
• 33 New Laboratory Set Ups
> Learning Resources
The libraries at Legenda support the academic needs of students and staff of the colleges by providing adequate resources and facilities. It contains an effective "books" and "non-books" collection in fields of studies offered; supplementary reading selections that enhance the teaching and learning process and self development; reference collection, and a range of periodicals. Students can also access the digital collection from Tan Sri Dr Abdullah Sanusi Digital Library Open University of Malaysia which contains more than 40,000 titles from e-books and 55,000 from the databases of e-journals.
|Student Support Services
> Mentor All students at Legendo are assigned a mentor who monitors the individual student's academic progress. Students who encounter difficulty in coping with their studies are also placed under the pastoral core of the mentors who provide extra tutorial and academic counseling sessions. > Counselling & Career Guidance Services Legenda offers individual counseling services to students who require personal advice and guidance in the areas of emotional health, stress, studies, time management, relationships and others. > Graduate Placement The Graduate Placement unit assists participating corporations to identify suitable jobs and training opportunities for our undergraduates and graduates. It also organizes workshops for graduating students to learn finer points of preparing resumes, attending job interviews and selecting jobs and careers.
> International Office This unit looks after the welfare of international students and provides services such as airport pick up, visa renewal, counseling, and placement in a course of study after the initial English language proficiency course. > ECA & Sports Facilities Our campus is equipped with extensive sports facilities. We are proud of our commitment to sports and extra curricular activities at Legenda. Amongst the sports facilities provided are:
• Soccer • Table Tennis • Volleyball • Netball • SepakTakraw • Softball • Tennis • Hockey • Basketball • Jogging Track • Badminton
There are more than 15 clubs and societies that represent a wide variety of interests and hobby groups for students to experience growth outside the classroom setting. Clubs and societies offer students the opportunity to participate in planning and organizing various activities in the college while developing valuable skills in communication, and leadership as part of their personal development. Advisors comprising Legenda staff assist and guide students in their ECA planning and organization.
|Scholarships / Financial Aid
In addition to scholarships, Legenda Group of Colleges will assist Malaysian students in securing financial assistance from various organizations particularly PTPTN, MARA or other sponsoring bodies. What is unique about Legenda Group of Colleges is that it offers a suite of flexible and convenient financial plans for students and parents to select from, subject to their payment and loan preference. This substantially makes education at Legenda more affordable and accessible.
The current suite of financial plan offers a combination of the following:
• PTPTN Loan (for all students)
• MARA Loan (for Bumiputra students)
• Bank Rakyat Loan (for private sector)
• Bank Rakyat Loan (for government servants)
• EPF Withdrawals
• Credit Card Payment
• Installment by month or semester
> Edexcel International, UK
During the recent verification visit by Edexcel International by external verifiers from UK, the Legenda GCC HND programmes were graded A for outstanding delivery and assessment with areas of good practice.
> Association of Certified Public Accountants (ACCA)
Upon completion of the BA (Hons) Accounting & Finance degree, students are
eligible for exemptions from a maximum of 9 papers offered in the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) qualification. It is anticipated that this will be extended to the Legenda Group of Colleges but this is subject to final approval from ACCA, In addition, the course enables students to develop skills and knowledge that will help graduates prepare for the ACCA Level 3 examinations.
> Institution of Civil Engineers. UK
The University of East London BEng honours Civil Engineering programme is accredited by the Joint Board of Moderators of the Institutions of Civil and Structural Engineering as a recognized route towards CEng status.
> Association of International Accountants (AIA)
Students who have completed the Diploma in Accounting from Legenda Jati College are granted 12 papers exemptions out of 16 papers offered in the AIA programme.
• Edexcel UK Awards
• MARA Best Student Award (National Level)
• MARA Scholarships
No. 2 , Jalan Universiti Lagenda 6 , University Lagenda, 71700 Mantin , Negeri Sembilan
One of the biggest and modern private institute in Malaysia. Legenda college is dynamically expanding as a center for higher learning which can house 25,000 students. Students can enroll into a variety of diploma and degree programmes under UTM, USM and internationally recognized bodies.
LEGENDA GROUP OF COLLEGES
• Linton College • Legenda Jati College • Pertama Institute of Teclmology (ITP) • Legenda College
Legenda Group of Colleges is a fast growing educational Group and one of the largest private education institutions in Malaysia. There are 4 Colleges under the Group.
Legenda Group of Colleges is a group of Colleges with a full fledged campus and conducting a broad range of courses ranging from franchise programmes with local Public Universities to collaborative programmes with foreign universities.
The college is one of the largest private colleges in
the country, fast growing and is embarking on further expansions in both
academic including physical perspectives
KOLEJ LEGENDA Negeri Sembilan
UNIVERSITI SAINS MALAYSIA (USM)
UNIVERSITI TEKNOLOGI MALAYSIA (UTM)
UNIVERSITI PUTRA MALAYSIA (UPM)
in Mantin Campus
- Lecture Rooms
- Kolej Legenda Sdn Bhd was officially established by the Langkawi Resort
Kolej Legenda is a full residential college that is currently located in Mantin, Negeri Sembilan with approximately 2,500 students and 200 teaching and support staff. To support the Government's vision in ensuring education for all, Kolej Legenda has put in tremendous effort and taken drastic steps to ensure that quality education is provided to all nations to meet the demands of the workforce in alignment with Vision 2020. Kolej Legenda's vision to ensure that quality education for all walks of life gives us a lift to be competitive in producing quality knowledge workers into the industry.
Kolej Legenda is targeted as the largest private institution in the country that can support 25,000 students at one particular semester.
|ENGLISH LANGUAGE CENTRE|
|Certificate in English Proficiency KP/JPS(KA 5471)10/09|
|English Language Proficiency, Elementary Level (KKP 0141)|
|English Language Proficiency, Intermediate Level (KKP 0141)|
|English Language Proficiency, Advanced Level (KKP 0141)|
|SPECIAL ARRANGEMENT PROGRAMME|
|Program Laluan Khas (PLK)|
|Program Pengambilan Kemasukan Awal (PPKA)|
|SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING AND BUILT ENVIRONMENT|
Certificate In Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Certificate In Built Environment KP/JPS(KA 5436)10/09
UTM - Diploma In Electronic Engineering KP/JPS(A 0913)2/06
|SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT AND SOCIAL SCIENCES|
Certificate In Business Management
Diploma In Business Management KP/JPS(KA 2935)4/07
UTM - Diploma In Technology Management KP/JPS(A 0914)2/06
UTM - Diploma In Technology Management (Accounting) KP/JPS(A 0912)2/06
UPM - Diploma In Business Management KP/JPS(KA 2954)6/07
|SCHOOL OF COMPUTER SCIENCE AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY|
Certificate in Computer Science
Diploma In Computer Network Technology KP/JPS(KA 2936)4/07
UTM - Diploma In Computer Science (Information Technology) KP/JPS(A 0915)2/06
USM - Diploma In Computing And Information System KP/JPS(A 1152)4/07
USM - Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons) KP/JPS(KA 5810)12/09
The college assist students in securing financial assistance
from PTPTN, MARA or other sponsoring organizations. The following
are some of the organizations that offer financial assistance to
those who are eligible: -
|Private Colleges in Malaysia|